Sunday, November 27, 2022
Friday, November 18, 2022
Monday, November 7, 2022
There is a spiritual world and beyond contained in this FIFTEENTH DAY reflection because in it, Elizabeth draws us into a mere glimpse of the MIGHTY POWERLESS ONE... MARY, MIRIAM, HOUSE OF GOLD, SEAT OF WISDOM, TOWER OF DAVID, ARK OF THE COVENANT, GATE OF HEAVEN, REFUGE OF SINNERS, PUREST OF CREATURES, and when we say, "MARY" she says "GOD".
Today our Mighty Mother, the Mother who wears combat boots as she protects us, is in our sight and we are in hers and we march behind our Warrior Queen toward the conclusion of our mystical journey with St. Elizabeth into the Most Holy Trinity.
On the FIRST DAY of her reflections for our retreat, St. Elizabeth reminded us that: "no-one has penetrated the depths of the mystery of Christ except the Blessed Virgin Mary".
St. Elizabeth goes on to reveal to us that: "The Mother of Grace will form my soul so that her little child will be a living, 'striking' image of her First Born".
1) Is Mary herself a living, "striking" image of her Son? What aspects of Christ does she reflect? What aspects of Christ do I currently reflect to those around me?
2) Could Mary have become the mirror of the Son if she had any self-image?
3) Her Son revealed, "...for anyone who has looked at me has seen the Father" (John 14:9). Could He have been the "striking image" of the Father if He had any self-image?
4) Do the Son and the Mother embody "nescivi" which means seeking no other knowledge but knowledge of God alone?
5) Is this what I seek? Could this be my desire for my "eternity already in progress" (Day One)?
The Prayer to the Trinity
O my God, Trinity whom I adore, help me to become utterly forgetful of myself so that I may establish myself in you, as changeless and calm as though my soul were already in eternity. Let nothing disturb my peace nor draw me forth f from you, O my unchanging God, but at every moment may I penetrate more deeply into the depths of your mystery. Give peace to my soul; make it your heaven, your cherished dwelling-place and the place of your repose. Let me never leave you there alone, but keep me there, wholly attentive, wholly alert in my faith, wholly adoring and fully given up to your creative action.
O Eternal Word, utterance of my God, I want to spend my life listening to you, to become totally teachable so that I might learn all from you. Through all darkness, all emptiness, all powerlessness, I want to keep my eyes fixed on you and to remain under your great light. O my Beloved Star, so fascinate me that I may never be able to leave your radiance.
O Consuming Fire, Spirit of Love, overshadow me so that the Word may be, as it were incarnate again in my soul. May I be for him a new humanity in which he can renew all his mystery.
And you, O Father, bend down towards your poor little creature. Cover her with your shadow, see in her only your beloved son in who you are well pleased
O my 'Three', my All, my Beatitude, infinite Solitude, Immensity in which I lose myself, I surrender myself to you as your prey. Immerse yourself in me so that I may be immersed in you until I go to contemplate in your light the abyss of your splendour! (St. Elizabeth of the Trinity)
6) Do I know the work He has set aside for me to do during my life time?
7) Do I recognize that this work will continue to be mine in and for all eternity?
"WORK WHICH WILL BE HERS FOR ETERNITY AND WHICH SHE WILL ALREADY PERFORM IN TIME, WHICH IS ETERNITY BEGUN AND STILL IN PROGRESS" (Day One, St. Elizabeth of the Trinity)
Thursday, November 3, 2022
The Heroic Art of Charity Prayer for the souls in Purgatory.